fuel nozzle gasket

janis

Cadet
hi there,i am rebuilding a carburetor 1969 33hp evinrude.the kit i am using does not include a nozzle gasket,i pulled a big fat rubber one out of carb,on tear down.do i need one in this 69?looking in the manuals,some show a gasket,some dont.also confused about the needle valves,high speed,and low speed.the long tapered one,is that the low speed?the some what shorter round nosed one the high speed?thats what i get for being in a hurry.thank you,hope some one can shed light on this.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: fuel nozzle gasket

hi there,i am rebuilding a carburetor 1969 33hp evinrude.the kit i am using does not include a nozzle gasket,i pulled a big fat rubber one out of carb,on tear down.do i need one in this 69?looking in the manuals,some show a gasket,some dont.also confused about the needle valves,high speed,and low speed.the long tapered one,is that the low speed?the some what shorter round nosed one the high speed?thats what i get for being in a hurry.thank you,hope some one can shed light on this.

Ppointy one is slow speed. Blunt one is high speed. It doesn't use a nozzle gasket, nor does it need one.

janis

Cadet

thank you for your help Admiral,after researching a little more,it turns out that i have a 40 horse carburetor planted on my 33hp evinrude,that's why it had the nozzle gasket.will this carburetor work ok for the 33:eek:hp?thank you for the help

F_R

Supreme Mariner

thank you for your help Admiral,after researching a little more,it turns out that i have a 40 horse carburetor planted on my 33hp evinrude,that's why it had the nozzle gasket.will this carburetor work ok for the 33:eek:hp?thank you for the help

Well, maybe it will and maybe it won't. As a general rule, it doesn't work to put on a larger carburetor than it is supposed to have. The reason is, the carburetors are designed to work with a certain volume of air flowing through it (Cubic inches per time period). A 40 hp breathes more cubic inches than a 33, so it has a larger carburetor to match.