Age of 2HP Johnson Seahorse??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott3434

Cadet
Hi, I have a 2HP Johnson Seahorse I am trying to find out the year of so I can purchase the appropriate repair manual. The model is: J2RCTD; and the serial number is: E5723563. Could anyone tell me where to find either, particularly a manual specific to this motor.
Thanks, Scott

wbeaton

Commander
Re: Age of 2HP Johnson Seahorse??

Hi, I have a 2HP Johnson Seahorse I am trying to find out the year of so I can purchase the appropriate repair manual. The model is: J2RCTD; and the serial number is: E5723563. Could anyone tell me where to find either, particularly a manual specific to this motor.
Thanks, Scott

1983. You can get manuals here at iboats.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Johnson
2 HP
Rope Start

To the best of my ability !!!
Manual should be available right here at iboats.

Scott3434

Cadet

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Manual has been ordered. Now let's see if we can't get this old baby back in shape!
Scott

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

I've taken two of these old girls from neglected decrepency to usefull and youthfull dependability. ( Currently have a 76' Rude 2hp which is identical) VERY easy motor to work on. Enjoy!

Johnny Ringo !

Seaman Apprentice
I also have a 2HP Johnson that only had 60-75lbs of compression, but I turned it over with a drill motor and it started but soon as I took the drill off it died. I have a piston and rings ordered for it from Greece, but it won't be here until late February. I have the powerhead off and am down to taking the crank and piston out, but I don't know how to get the bottom crank bearing and seal off. I have the 4 bolts out of the cover and put the crank nut on and tried tapping it down, but not sure if that's the way to break it loose or not. I don't want to break anything. I have the year manual for this R78R model but it just says to remove the 4 screws and lower bearing and seal housing, be sure all 28 needles remain in the housing, if bearing or seal are damaged, entire assembly must be replaced. No mention on how to remove the housing. Anyone ever had this off ? I have no idea if the entire assembly is even available. Many parts are not available anymore. Got this with a purchase of a 9.9 Johnson. Going to have more in it then they are worth, but I thought it would make a nice little fishing motor for trolling for crappies. I Need to know the best way of taking this housing off without damaging anything. Thanks in advance.

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
75lbs wasn't so bad after all I always try before openning them up and... I never did open one up...

they are very simple kickers ....but buying all the parts may in fact be more than finding a working kicker... the 3hp -4hp are much smoother runners with 2 cyl. and 2 separate ignition circuits to bring you back if one fails

Status
Not open for further replies.