How does fuel pump or pressure work 1957 Evinrude. Twin lines from tank.

Mike 1

Cadet
I received great replies from my first question. Second question. How does is the fuel delivered on my Evinrude Sportwin. 1957 Model 10014 10 hp. It has two gas lines from tank to motor.

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How does fuel pump or pressure work 1957 Evinrude. Twin lines from tank.

crankcase pressure pulses are used to pressurize the tank through one of the lines. Fuel flows from the tank to the motor through the other line. A very simple and effective system. You'll want to get new hose, a rebuild kit for the tank and o-rings for the quick connect fitting. All available from laingsoutboards.com. You need to specify whether it has a plastic primer button or a metal one when you order the tank rebuild kit.

Oh and pictures. We need pictures! You can't say it looks like new and not provide pictures! :)

Cheers...................Todd

F_R

Supreme Mariner

crankcase pressure pulses are used to pressurize the tank through one of the lines. Fuel flows from the tank to the motor through the other line. A very simple and effective system. You'll want to get new hose, a rebuild kit for the tank and o-rings for the quick connect fitting. All available from laingsoutboards.com. You need to specify whether it has a plastic primer button or a metal one when you order the tank rebuild kit.

Oh and pictures. We need pictures! You can't say it looks like new and not provide pictures! :)

Cheers...................Todd

Might as well add this: The button on the tank does Not pump air pressure into the tank for starting. It pumps fuel to to fill the carburetor so you can start the motor. The running motor then pumps air into the tank.

PennYan1960

Recruit

What exactly is the starting procedure?