What is a recirculation valve located below reed blocks?

gberry420

Cadet
While working on my 93 Evinrude 120hp I located the recirculation valve with a clogged screen which I cleaned. I own a Clymers manual and am trying to learn more about my motor. Can someone who actually knows what they're doing tell me what the recirculation valve does and what affect it has when clogged(none of which is included in the manual). I appreciate any time given in response to this question.

countvlad

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What is a recirculation valve located below reed blocks?

While working on my 93 Evinrude 120hp I located the recirculation valve with a clogged screen which I cleaned. I own a Clymers manual and am trying to learn more about my motor. Can someone who actually knows what they're doing tell me what the recirculation valve does and what affect it has when clogged(none of which is included in the manual). I appreciate any time given in response to this question.

recirc valve takes the unburned gas and puts it back either into the heads or the carbs forgot which way.... when they are plugges obviously the fuel is unburned and goes out the exaust and motor smokes at idle...

if they were clogged theres a way to get them unclogged, you run some alchool or some WD40.. i personally just got 4 new ones and got it over with....

im not sure about your motor but mine had also a Tee on one of the lines that wasnt working properly and ive changed it....

good luck