Old Evinrude identification

NevadaCoz

Recruit
Hello all. I am new here and relatively new to boating. Along with a boat/motor I just purchased, I also was given an old Evinrude motor. I cant seem to identify it and was hoping for some help. It is a 15hp and the serial number is 15D32 10027. I'd like to know the year and model if possible as I plan to keep it and maybe find a small boat to use it on. I'll be looking forward to a reply or two. Many thanks.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Re: Old Evinrude identification

The first part of that number ought to ID it but no joy as far as I am concerned. You may have misread it but if you have I have no suggestions as to what it should be.
My best guess would have been 15032 but that would have made it an 18HP from 1960

Suggest you check carefully using a magnifier unless someone else comes up with something.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Old Evinrude identification

The first part of that number ought to ID it but no joy as far as I am concerned. You may have misread it but if you have I have no suggestions as to what it should be.
My best guess would have been 15032 but that would have made it an 18HP from 1960

Suggest you check carefully using a magnifier unless someone else comes up with something.

Gotta be a 15032, 1960 18hp. OR....Somebody has swapped the bracket and/or serial number plate. Go here and see if this is your motor http://www.old-omc.de/e_1960/seite_10_11.jpg