1983 Lund XRF 4.9 Super Pike - Motor Weight - Transom question

ZigZaggin

Seaman
Hello all - Currently I have a 1983 E75TRLCTE (dry weight 250 lbs) on my 1983 LUND XRF 4.9 Super Pike. I don't want to put any more money in to the motor so I've pretty much made up my mind to upgrade to a 2008 90 HP optimax which has a weight of 370 lbs. A freind of mine is giving me a killer deal since he wants more HP. The boat placard on my Lund says it is rated for up to a 100 HP motor. I am a little nervous about the extra 120lbs of the optimax and whether my transom can handle it. Although my Lund is in great condition it's definitely not new so if anyone has experience with Lunds and what they can handle I would greatly appreciate the information. You can see pictures of my boat here: http://www.qccomputer.com/lundxrf.html

Thanks in advance for your time and information.

ZigZaggin

Seaman
Re: 1983 Lund XRF 4.9 Super Pike - Motor Weight - Transom question

So just to follow up on things I wanted to let everyone know that I have sold the 75HP Evinrude motor. Luckily I found a buyer... I reached a point where spending anymore money on it was a bad investment. The motor ran but just not great in my opinion. I ended up getting a fair price and purchased a 1985 Mercury 90HP (inline 6 "tower of power"). Thus far I have been pretty happy with it.