1992 Johnson 150HP Silver Star OIS Stalling

newport

Cadet
I am running 150 twins. Cold Startup is fine, high rpm (1200) idle that comes down to 900-1000 after warmup. Plenty of power, runs smooth thru all rpm range. Problem is after engines have run for a while,are shut down and set for a while,(may be 15minutes or so) the engines start up but will stall when going forward or reverse when trying to give it gas. Sometimes stalls right after they start. I have to quickly apply 1/2 to full throttle to make the engine accept the gas and not stall and then quickly pull back the trottle for normal speed. Once the engines take the gas, the engines run steady and the performance is good again.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1992 Johnson 150HP Silver Star OIS Stalling

have you tried pumping the primer bulb, before the 2nd start up. if this works your motor is loosing prime from the tank, check fuel lines. 2nd, you could have a float needle not seating all the way, allowing fuel to seep in, flooding the motor when sitting. 3rd, check your spark, you could have a coil heating up and failing. 4th could be a link n sinc problem. finally could just be an idle speed setting problem after it is warmed up.

newport

Cadet

Tashasdaddy, thanks for the quick reply and leads to look into. I have sqeezed the ball and it hasn't been the fix. Being both engines are acting the same lets me think it's a fuel adjustment issue...is there any chock adjustment on these engines?

newport

Cadet

Tashasdaddy, thanks for the quick reply and leads to look into. I have sqeezed the ball and it hasn't been the fix. Being both engines are acting the same lets me think it's a fuel adjustment issue...is there any chock adjustment on these engines?

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Check your shift assist switches - they are probably out of alignment.

Roth11

Cadet

ok thats what I will do. Thank you for your help. :)