Old evinrude sportsman, need info.

fastrepair

Cadet
I have an old evinrude sportsman and I need some info like the year and oil/fuel mix and I would like to know the h.p. If anyone can help the serial number is 4412-02864. Thanx.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Old evinrude sportsman, need info.

Fuel mix is 24:1 or 1/3 pint of TC-W3 oil per gallon of gas. Shear pin is part number 132092, 3/16" x 15/16" Aluminum.

fastrepair

Cadet

Thank you both very much! I just got done cleaning the fuel system out(had very old oil and rust plugging everything up) and I replaced the sparkplug. All I should have to do now is mix the gas and start it. Fun project and easiest so far.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

water pump!!!!!! if it has one.

kwp38burl

Recruit

I'm working on a '47 4416 myself. I found that the years of gunk in the gas tank was removed in just hours with the help of a "paint and varnish remover". It cleaned the interior of the tank right down to the shiny aluminum. Just throw a cup or two in and slosh it around every 30 min. I would not use it on the carb, but it did a great job on the tank.
You had mentioned that you changed the plug in yours. I need to do the same with mine, but I do not know the correct plug# or gap. Do you have any information on the recent plug to use on a '47 sportsman 2HP 4416?

Thanks, Ken

fastrepair

Cadet

Sorry I have not responded, I have not checked this site in a while. If you have not already got the #, it is a J6C, and I don't know the spacing I am running it at what the company has it set at.