wanted- tow bracket for 10HP Evinrude

back_breaker22

Recruit
I keep shearing off my tilt pin while runnning. My Evinrude kicker sit on a slotted transom and gets beat up a bit. I have used an OMC "tow barcket", a stainless rod that is generally U-shaped and replaces the tilt/loc mechanism. I cant seem to find the part. Can anyone help or propose a better method?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: wanted- tow bracket for 10HP Evinrude

they have long since disappeared. yes, we used them instead of a transom saver when towing. or the had a smaller one for running in shallow water, long before trim and tilt..

F_R

Supreme Mariner

You mean one of these... Actually, mine tilts the motor up too high for use as a shallow water drive.

Attachments

• IM000852.JPG
    IM000852.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 0

Back-Breaker22

Recruit

Thats basically it, F_R. I bought one a few years ago, but it too eventually bent. I can't seem to find one through dealerships and the internet.

HybridMX6

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You mean one of these... Actually, mine tilts the motor up too high for use as a shallow water drive.

I made one out of a piece of round steel bar. Just bent it myself. Once it rusts out, I'm going to have a machine shop make me one out of SS instead, unless I've managed to afford an aftermarket TnT system like CMC.

tashasdaddy

F_R they also made a smaller one, that did not tilt as far. it just cleared the transom mount.

HybridMX6

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mine tilts it just enough to still be able to use. If I walk too far forward while using it the motor will start sucking air, so I can't really do anything else while using it, but it serves it's purpose. I fish a lot of shallow areas on the east coast of FL, so I need it. I really need TnT, but can't afford to fork out $500 on a new CMC, and haven't seen a used one for a while.

Back-Breaker22

Recruit

I'm still looking for a source for the OMC version if anyone knows...

tashasdaddy

the last one i saw was for a 70 hp on ebay about 4 years ago. there were different widths for the different motors.