1972 evinrude 9.5 Carb problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyParts

Recruit
1964 9.5 high speed miss

1964 9.5 high speed miss

I have a 9.5, never been in salt water, starts great, idle great (new pump, carb rebuilt, professionally timed, new thermostat, all clamps tight, low speed idle fine). The engine starts to climb out to on plane and starts to miss... suddenly it almost gets it's breath and wants to plane... back to almost. I have checked coils to find them in range. Ihave cut rubber tubing to insulate the chance of electrical shorting where wires may have rubbed over the years. Went out at night and ran the engine to see if there are any little blue arcs... none visible. New plugs. Engine compression 65 psi.

Suggestions?

TooManyParts

nwcove

Admiral
Re: 1972 evinrude 9.5 Carb problems?

welcome to iboats ! my first suggestion would be to start a new thread. kinda bad forum manners to jump in on a 5 year old one.

Last edited:

SmokinMayhem

Recruit
New to this guys and I'm in need of help please I have a 1965 9.5hp sportwin and I did a carb kit and new coils condensers and spark plugs and won't start keeps flooding the bottom cylinder please help

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
It's best to start your own thread with the issue you need help with, otherwise it can get confusing. Many people will check in and help rather quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.