Anyone have link to OEM manual-2001 -90 HP Johnson?

jplomeo

Cadet
Hi

Does anyone have a link to an OEM manual for a 2001, 90 HP Johnson? I have the Seloc manual for it but have heard it is sometimes inaccurate and want to double check procedures before working on my engine.

Also, what is the proper torque spec for engine mounting bolts to aluminum transom? The idiot so called marine mechanic who mounted my engine originally put the bolt heads inside the boat and the nuts are outside: how could he ever torque them properly?

Thanks

JP

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Anyone have link to OEM manual-2001 -90 HP Johnson?

as whaler noted, seloc is the keep your knees clean when changing lower unit oil, clymer is to keep the oil from dripping on the driveway.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Hi

Also, what is the proper torque spec for engine mounting bolts to aluminum transom? The idiot so called marine mechanic who mounted my engine originally put the bolt heads inside the boat and the nuts are outside: how could he ever torque them properly?

Thanks

JP

Not sure that I have ever seen a torque value for those....they should be "just tightened enough"....:)
As far as the orientation, I always put the head inside so that the excess thread is not sticking out inside the boat waiting to impale something or someone.
Why would this affect abilty to torque them? You still need a wrench on the head and the nut....

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

most are with the head to the inside, makes it easier to adjust engine height if necessary. bolts usually have a plastic cap on them, for safety.

EHouseHead

Seaman

Hi

Does anyone have a link to an OEM manual for a 2001, 90 HP Johnson? I have the Seloc manual for it but have heard it is sometimes inaccurate and want to double check procedures before working on my engine.

Thanks

JP

Did you get your manual? If not I have one I bought a year or so ago. It's PDF.

jonesg

Admiral

PDF manuals are junk.