1996 Evinrude 60 hp crankshaft

wolfie-uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hi, still waiting for my manual to arrive, in the meantime i am starting to bolt the engine back together, what torque should the conrod caps be and also the bolts that hold the crankcase halves together, both the big studs and the outer small ones ?

thanks in advance Neal

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1996 Evinrude 60 hp crankshaft

wait for your manual, before you screw up.

wolfie-uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks, thought this was a friendly forum with the aim of helping each other out with advice etc

wolfie-uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

so while i am waiting for my manual, does that mean i have to sit around doing nothing, when for the sake of a fellow boater looking in their manual for me and telling me , oh the big ends are 20lb / foot or whatever, i can expect no help on here ? that does not seem friendly to me saying wait for your manual, instead of this is the info you need.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

I would gladly help, but I don't have a manual for that particular motor.
Somebody may pipe in that has a manual handy.

Try this link; I don't know if it will work in the UK:
http://books.google.com/books?q=johnson+manual&btnG=Search+Books

There may be a manual there that is complete enough to get the info you need.
TD's comment was probably based on the appearance that you were completely rebuilding a motor without a manual available, which is usually not a good thing to do. He has over 35,000 postings and is a forum moderator, so that does indicate that he is both friendly and helpful. Just don't insult his dogs.......

james williams

Petty Officer 2nd Class

wait for your manual, before you screw up.

wolfie-uk ,There is so much MORE to know about putting one back together than torque.I`m in the same boat as you.I`m putting one back together now.I thought I knew it all.According to the manuel,I know very little.I`m glad I looked at the manuel. james

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The rod bolts go down 29-31 ft lbs.

wolfie-uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dhadley, thank you, i know it might have seemed a bit off, but as i said just want to start fitting it back, been waiting now for best part of three weeks for the manual, the supplier says he is looking into it, quick enough to take my money, but thats another thread i think, All i need now is the main crank case torques and i can at least do something constructive, its so frustrating having all the bits and just staring at them for so long.