Correct paint for 89 Johnson 110 o\b

torijake

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Does anyone know if the carcoal metallic gray is the standard for all older johnson o\b's or were there different grays?Just want to make sure color is correct.Can't seem to find matching part numbers,but i'm guessing the Tempo marine motor paint metallic charcoal gray is the right one.
Thanks John...

jcsercsa

Captain
Re: Correct paint for 89 Johnson 110 o\b

Hay John were going to get you moved to the Johnson forum , someone will know there !! John

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer

I believe they are all the same. I have found the non metallic for the midsection but have had difficulty finding the metallic for the cowling. Does the Tempo Marine you found reference Johnson??? If so I want some.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Tempo is no longer made.Moeller is now making the same line of engine paints.
I just used some and it actually lays out better than the Tempo did.

I did find a listing for Johnson Platinum gray..84 to 87
It was Tempo#6963...could that be the color?

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer

The evinrude site and the crowleymarine site both indicate that the Johnson/Ev Metallic paint is no longer available but the plain charcoal grey is in plentiful supply (from crowley not evinrude) if you call. I'm thinking we have the same paint. They suggested the moeller would be it. It covers 1985 to present.

reelfishin

Captain

You could also just go to your local paint supplier, (Body shop supply), and have them mix up the right paint. Most have color charts and listings for everything from the family car to boat motors, to lawnmowers.

torijake

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for moving my post to here.Sorry if i put it in wrong forum,wasn't sure where to put it.The one i found at overtons does reference OMC metallic charcoal gray 85 to present Part #020479.Still not sure if that is correct.I will call them today and see what i can find out.My motor is the dark gray and hope the one at overtons is right thats the only one i could find.Will let you know later today what i find out.
Thanks John...