Cox

Cox

Seaman
Just bought 1986 Tracker V16 w/25HP 1991 Evinrude. Electric start fired up right away and it ran very well (22mph) when I first tested it out last week. Actually used it for the first time yesterday to fish and it ran well from one end of the lake to the other with no issues. I used the trolling motor for a bit and then decided to head back to the dock. Fired up, no problem. Then it started surging (I think that's the best way to describe the problem). Every 2 or 3 seconds it would lose power and then rev back up. Any thoughts?

Cox

Seaman
Re: Cox

Think so. I'll be back out there tomorrow and I'll make sure of it. Based on some of the other posts with similar problems most of the suggestions were related to the vent and/or fuel line. Seems like fuel getting in consistently would be the most logical explanation? I'm new to this and I just want to make sure that this isn't a sign of 'extreme' issues since I just got the boat and motor a week ago.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Be sure fuel connectors are on right.Check all lines for leaks.Is the primer bulb collapsing?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

As the other comments. Venting and fuel lines not leaking.