48 hp johnson

Mike Loeffler

Recruit
my uncle just bought a boat with this motor model number j48e8lcer/serial number 02281012 it is a 1989 johnson outboard.

we cannot seem to get the tilt in a up posistion . we see a lever that goes up and down and on left side a lever that looks like it goes forwad and backwards but not moving. my number is 360-447-0774 at home if ya need mor info. I am in washington state my email is mike_loeffler1@yahoo.com

Mike Loeffler

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: 48 hp johnson

You can't use your personal information and email on this open forum. If you want to get the responses emailed to you, you need to subscribe through the user CP setup.

The Touch Trim system that you are dealing with is covered in the factory service manual by the articles in the thumbnails below:

Attachments

• Touch-trim.JPG
    Touch-trim.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Touch Trim 2.JPG
    Touch Trim 2.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 3

Mike Loeffler

Recruit

You can't use your personal information and email on this open forum. If you want to get the responses emailed to you, you need to subscribe through the user CP setup.

The Touch Trim system that you are dealing with is covered in the factory service manual by the articles in the thumbnails below:

ok i will have a look if i can manage to follow the thumbnails but i cannot tell i f the thumbnails are tilted up or down. Thank You so much happy boating sir!

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Hold your cursor over a thumbnail for instructions; thumbnails need to be clicked to enlarge them as with most windows programs.

The instructions are jpeg, so you can make the opened pictures larger with your own photo program by saving them to your own disk..