25 HP Johnson primer solenoid - I'm stumped!

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: 25 HP Johnson primer solenoid - I'm stumped!

Dhadley.... Agreed, makes sense to me.

BTW, did you ever get back to near normal from that devastating hurricane?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

We're back (personally) but believe it or not, there's lots of damaged homes people walked away from. Unbelievable.

How have you been making out?

rrc0

Seaman Apprentice

You guys have been super! I will test the suggestions, clean the solenoid, try a new gas tank and primer hose and get back to you. It will be about 10 days until I can get back on the water in northern Wisconsin. Thanks again for your help! I'm really impressed with this forum. Randy

clanton

Rear Admiral

If and when you get it to squirt fuel, clean the nipple that the hose connects to.

sween

Cadet

i have a 1985 25 hp johnson and mine works the same way if i turn the red tag towards boat while running it will stall. i was told that you only turn it towards boat to prime it by squeezing bulb then turn back red tag towards back of motor and this is only to be done when gas has dried or sat to long.mine will only start with key priming.so if you want to start and have not for a long time turn red tag towards front prime bulb to send gas to primer than turn red tag back to key prime.

sween

Cadet

i have a 1985 25hp johnson and had same problem. i turn red lever toward front of motor prime with bulb .than turn back red lever towards back of motor than key prime three times than turn key. if wants to stall prime more by key. but that red lever is to remain in pointing towards back of motor and only turn towards front for bulb prime after siting long periods of time . i only prime mine once in beginng of season.

bill2560

Recruit

good luck .. mine the piston inside melts , bought a brand new 1 and the same thing..and it flood my carbs ,when it happens..so i just by passed it .for now .. i'm still tryin to figure a way to prime it just from the bulb.:mad:

i have a 1985 25 hp johnson and mine works the same way if i turn the red tag towards boat while running it will stall. i was told that you only turn it towards boat to prime it by squeezing bulb then turn back red tag towards back of motor and this is only to be done when gas has dried or sat to long.mine will only start with key priming.so if you want to start and have not for a long time turn red tag towards front prime bulb to send gas to primer than turn red tag back to key prime.

My J25VL3SIE 25 hp 2001 johnson the primer selonoid is not clicking has no ohms to primer, I have to manually turn red lever , prime bulb which sends fuel to carb, engine will start, have to then close primer red lever. whats wrong with the primer? The part is no longer available. Does anybody have one I can use for motor anywhere.Help!!

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

My J25VL3SIE 25 hp 2001 johnson (primer selonoid)

Post is four (4) years old! Go to previous page, left side near the top. Click on "Post New Thread" and enter your post which will be entered at the top of the list under your own post title.