evinrude model number and year

boyofdog

Recruit
i have a light twin with the serial number 42065 E03738, can anyone help me with the year, model number and what the oil/gas ratio is?

Xcusme

Commander
Re: evinrude model number and year

It looks like a 1972 4hp Evinrude, fuel mix 50:1
Model # =4206

Vic.S

Rear Admiral

Yes it should be letter S on the end not 5 !

boyofdog

Recruit

thanx guys, i rechecked and it is an "s"
boyofdog.

bassman2010

Recruit

Hi, I am trying to figure out what year and model number my motor . Can you determine this by the number on the freeze plug. G3165437. On the cover is Evinrude 175HP Intruder, it is a 60 degree v6 loop charge, with ois(optical ignition system) 2000. I need the year and model number so when I find out whats wrong with the engine I can order the part I need. The problem I am having is I have went through 7 batteries. Once I run the engine a couple of times the battery no longer holds a charge. I checked for a short by leaving all negative leads on the battery and touching each positive to positive on the battery with no sparks. Then I put a digital volt meter on the engine leads while the engine is running and it shows 15.1 volts. What can be killing the cells in the battery. I dont know what else to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Be careful about that fuel mix. The light Twins are still a friction type motor and should be run at 24:1

50:1 mix is for the non friction type motors only.

Unfortunately, the people who designed the Light Twins goofed on this one, even though they built a great motor. The old motors of the 50's were rated at 24:1 and changed to 50:1 in 1964, but the Light Twin was not redesigned as a non friction motor to allow the lighter oil mix. Even the 1 1/2hp was built with the needle bearing set up and allowed for the 50:1 mix, but the 3 and 4hps were still built with the old style crank and rod assemblies from 1953

Just look at your repair manual and you'll see how they're built.:cool: