Goldeneye Tilt/Trim

ryschwar

Recruit
I recently bought a used 1982 or '83 70hp Evinrude attached to what I'm guessing is an aftermarket trim/tilt system. The trim tilt has an electric motor with a hydraulic pump, and it has slowly lost it's ability to lift the outboard. The electric motor seems to be running in both the up and down directions. The only information on the tilt/trim unit I could see was "Goldeneye Products" and a sticker on the outside that says "POWER UP".

Anybody have any experience with one of these? I couldn't find anything online for maintenance or repair. If it's low on hydraulic fluid, I'm not sure what, or how much to put in.

Thanks!

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Goldeneye Tilt/Trim

I am not familiar with that particular model, but there should be some type of plug or level indicator that you add fluid to that point. There is probably a manual release valve the you may want to check and make sure it is tight. If your electric motor is running and it is not low on fluid then the hydraulic pump may be shot.

dimock44

Petty Officer 1st Class

Google Goldeneye Products. They seem to still be in business.

ryschwar

Recruit

Thanks for the replies. I decided to take the pump apart and found a rubber washer "balled up" inside and blocking one of the fluid ports. I'm in the process of replacing all the o-rings and seals. We'll see if that does the trick.