1960 40 hp johnson question about wiring

jim1973

Recruit
hi everyone new to the site like it so far but anyways i got a question if some one can point me in the right direction on wiring diagrams......the problem i have is i got this boat it has a 1960 40 hp johnson it's missing the plug at the motor to connect wiring harness i want to wire it direct from the key switch to the cylonid switch then from the box to the motor but not sure how to hook it up i think the wires in there are kill and charge wire's but not sure......sorry for long writing......if someone can tell me where to get wiring and colour code chart i could figure it out thanks jim

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1960 40 hp johnson question about wiring

you have a pm.

Stargateomega

Recruit

iboats Boating Forums > Repair and Maintenance > Johnson & Evinrude Outboards
Lighten up there Chief he said he is new ...n the thread looks right to me. then again i've only posted one re my 60' 75hp Johnson sea king an after several months with no response ie help i gave up checking in. Whatever happened to the ole NO ONE LEFT BEHIND MOTO ? Ya don't give it up after retirement ....:eek:

F_R

Supreme Mariner

stargate, what seems to be the problem? "chief" merely said "you have a PM'. I would have to assume the PM was a private answer to the question. That sounds like he went out of his way to fix the guy up.....

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

iboats Boating Forums > Repair and Maintenance > Johnson & Evinrude Outboards
Lighten up there Chief he said he is new ...n the thread looks right to me. then again i've only posted one re my 60' 75hp Johnson sea king an after several months with no response ie help i gave up checking in. Whatever happened to the ole NO ONE LEFT BEHIND MOTO ? Ya don't give it up after retirement ....:eek:

Repost your question on your motor. Bump it up (reply to it yourself) once a day to move it up in the list. There are only a few here that would know detailed info on a 1960 75 HP. One of them is F_R.