1976 135 Evinrude key switch schematic

frhodes

Recruit
Hello I replaced the key switch in the remote. I have to guess that I have done something incorrect. The motor starts runs good but when you try to restart it blows the mini fuse. I need any ideas on how to connect the wires correctly. red-purple fused 12v, purple?, purple-white=choke, black, black-yellow, there is a small white wire that comes from the remote to the switch area, also there is a white wire that goes into the remote it did not have a lug on it. I hooked the alarm to the A setting on the switch and put the choke to the push to choke and have it working correctly. I am at a loss as to what to do next. I am saving for a manual, as the high fuel prices are currently straining my economy. Thanks to anyone in advance that may be able to offer any guidance or assistance. fr6473@yahoo.com

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1976 135 Evinrude key switch schematic

A is "Accessory", purple wire goes there, along with the warning horn.
Black and black/yellow go to M and M (raised), respectively.
Red/purple goes to B (battery).
You should have a yellow/red for the S (start) terminal.
The white, I can't help ya with. Would expect to see a gray tach sender wire.

welcome to the forum.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

White is the start wire - goes to S on your ignition. See the picture below. The gray wire does not connect to the ignition switch - ever.

Attachments

• 1976 135 Ignition Wiring.jpg
    1976 135 Ignition Wiring.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0

frhodes

Recruit

I want to thank ya'll for the help, I am going to work on it tomorrow morning after the kids go to school. Thank you again, Glad to be here.

frhodes

Recruit

It works great now, I can not begin to express my thanks to the help that I received. I thank you and my boys thank you. I hope that everyone has a safe and happy time boating on the water. Because of the wonderful people here, I am sure we will. Thanks again.