Johnson GT 100???

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrklim2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone know anything about these motors. Were they any good? This one I am looking at is on a 24' pontoon. I don't know the year of the motor the pontoon is a 1991. I would guess that the motor is close to that year. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. Here is a picture:

Attachments

• Johnson_GT_100.jpg
    Johnson_GT_100.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 0

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: Johnson GT 100???

The GT100 was the better breathing big port block with flat back exhaust. Plus a cool graphics package & air baffles. Solid performer - has all the crossflow Johnrude V4 pluses & minuses (good torque & longevity, but thirsty when run hard).
- Scott

darrklim2

Petty Officer 1st Class

The GT100 was the better breathing big port block with flat back exhaust. Plus a cool graphics package & air baffles. Solid performer - has all the crossflow Johnrude V4 pluses & minuses (good torque & longevity, but thirsty when run hard).
- Scott

Thank you very much for your quick and helpful response. I appreciate it. :)

Anyone else have any input?

darrklim2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Does anyone have a guess on the year of this engine? I sent an email to the owner and haven't received a response as to the model numbers off the engine.

I am thinking about buying this pontoon this weekend.

Any help is appreciated.

darrklim2

Petty Officer 1st Class

I guess no one else has any input???

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Looks identical to a 1988 model I had in the shop last year. I think they used that same color scheme on the GT for a couple years in the late 1980s...
- Scott

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

The GT (or XP) special badging from OMC meant the engine had a unique model number. The model number always had and "S" just after the hp rating. For instance, J100stlesb is the model for a 100 GT in 1990. That model was made in 89,90 and 91. You should be able to determine the age from the model number label on or around the swivel bracket. Some of the special items were the cowl vents, stiffer lower rubber mounts. It probably put out 10% more hp than the factory rating of 100.

L.R.R.P.

Recruit
New to the form but just seen your post on the Jonson GT 100 . The year your asking about is more than likely a (1989) I myself have the same Outboard on my 1977 Challenger Bass Boat. Bought used in 92 only changed plugs before this past weekend. Boat has been South on Toledo Bend Lake for past 22 years. Been clocked on Radar by Texas Parks ( Game Warden) 73 mph . All good , no ticket. Now that's in a 16' trihull bass boat. Two live Wells .back in Wisconsin now. Had to seal Vro pump and now got spark issue, but has been in storage past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.