Flywheel torque for '86 Evinrude 15HP?

joaklay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,
Due to broken wires where they flex, I've replaced the "stator" (like a PU coil) and and the coil under the flywheel. The guy at the place I bought the parts from (local) had the alignment ring so they're properly aligned but I forgot to ask for the torque spec on the flywheel nut.
Anyone here know that and have a good method to keep the engine from turning while torqueing? I used an impact gun and puller to remove it but I won't impact it back on, too risky IMO. I might be able to find a tool at work that'd hold the flywheel but I'd like to know what you guys use otherwise.

There use to be an online repair manual here at iboats for the Evinrude 9.9-15 HP and I had it bookmarked but it's no longer there. Anyone know what happened to it, still available somewhere? Google doesn't find it either.

bgbass.1

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Flywheel torque for '86 Evinrude 15HP?

Im not sure what tourqe is but they make a strap to hold and they have manual here #1302-e covers 2-69 hp 1971-1989

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Was that helpful?

joaklay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yep. I found the perfect holding tool at work today, an adjustable span wrench and torqued it to 50lbs.
Thanks to all who responded and yes ezeke, that page has the manual I had previously bookmarked and saved too PLUS alot of other very interesting info. Thank you!

Hopefully those wires and components will last another 22 yrs, or until someone else replaces it with an efi 4 stroke (more likely).