Fuel line connection on portable fuel tank for Evinrude 50 HP

batman4279

Cadet
I posted earlier today about stalling problems with my Evinrude 50 HP. Me being a novice and all I am wondering if it has anything to do with the connection at the portable gas tank (tempo 6 gallon). On the tank I have the male Evinrude Johnson brass fitting. When I attach the fuel line to it ,it doesn't give a snug fit. It is rather loose. I am wondering if something this simple could be the cause of my stalling problems. It is rather difficult to get the fuel bulb to firm up when I squeeze it. I have the same tank for my 9.9 Evinrude, but at the tank end of the fuel line it is just the line with a clamp on it, and I never had any issues. Any advice would be appreciated. Go easy on me I'm still a rook!

The-Machinist

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fuel line connection on portable fuel tank for Evinrude 50 HP

Take the connector off the fuel line for the 50, and put it on the tank and hose for the 9.9. Start it up and try it. Post back any results.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Check the condition of the o ring inside the female connector. Replace if necessary. A good seal is necessary to prevent air from getting sucked into the fuel line. Your symptoms fit that condition.

Johnson81

Recruit

It seems that my O-ring goes bad (moves out of place within the fitting) very frequesntly.....when I plug in a new connection and take it out to put on another tank, the O-Ring moves around. I go through connections like crazy. Any help would be much appreciated.