Evinrude Junior

dk62

Recruit
Hello everyone,
I couldnt start the junior I have so I started to check the major areas. The fuel is getting to the carborator, I changed out the spark plug to a new one, and I even gave the engine a little starting fluid. Still nothing. So I figured that the spark plug wasnt getting a spark so I took the lid off the top and proceeded to be sprayed with parts from the pull cord assembly. Now, I am at the flywheel and I cant get it off. I removed the bolt and washer but I cannot figure out how to get it off. Can anyone help me here? I think that I am having a charging issue but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DK

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude Junior

Have you checked to see if you have spark from the wire?

You need a puller to get the flywheel off. Most people use a vibration damper puller from the auto parts store. It utilizes the 3 bolt holes near the center of the flywheel to pull against. You also need hardened bolts for the puller, though the little Junior isn't all that hard to get off. Screw the bolts into the flywheel 7/16", no more and no less, then pull away. It will come off with a pop once you put enough pull on it.

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade

get a harmonic balancer puller from a auto parts store and replace the bolts with the proper size ones. Then tighten up the puller and give it a sharp rap with a small hammer. Repeat the above steps a few times and it should pop off.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

When you get her put back together go to the Engine FAQs, Outboard won't start. Do the simple troubleshooting there.

Let us know what you find.