1995 Evinrude Vindicator 200

webenergy

Cadet
I'm wondering if it's normal for the motor to not pee out much water? The motor doesn't appear to overheat. After a run I touch the cylinder heads and they are not burning hot, and ok to the touch. The motor runs great, smooth, and no hiccups. Thanks!

redtech

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1995 Evinrude Vindicator 200

there is a a water conrol valve that is operated by the throttle that does effect the water indicator:)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The 1995 V6 looper's don't have the water control valve. The overboard indicator stream will not be under a lot of force in a looper. Just watch the water pressure gauge and make sure it maintains good pressure at all times.

webenergy

Cadet

Thanks! I didn't know there was no water control valve. I don't have a water pressure control guage on my boat.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I'd strongly suggest getting a water pressure gauge. That's the only way to tell what's going on now. The hot horn tells you what already happened. A water pressure gauge tells you what's going to happen.

Make sure you tie it into the water system for a looper, not a crossflow. Just follow the "looper" instructions. Very simple.

webenergy

Cadet

Thanks! I'll do that! I'll go over to my mechanic (marine) and grab one for my engine. So, you think it's not normal that the motor doesn't discharge much water? On a cold start it discharges more water, but once she's warmed up I get a trickle in idle.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

It should be more than a trickle but a looper doesn't have a lot of pressure behind the stream. It's a pretty big hose compared to a crossflow. If it's partially blocked it'll do that. We see it all the time after running the flats. We just blow back thru the hose to clear it out.

webenergy

Cadet

The hose is clear, and when I rev it at idle it discharges more water and also when it runs it discharges more water. I think it's working fine. Thanks for your help!