115 HP Evinrude FICHT Inline Fuse Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_PatS

Recruit
I've installed a new Optima battery in my boat and it's been tested to verify it is at full charge. The connections are good but I get no activity what so ever when I use the power trim buttons either on the motor, on the throttle or in the front of the boat. When I turn the key, there is no sound whatsoever which makes it seem like there is a short somewhere. I called my local Evinrude Dealer and they think that I just popped a fuse. The problem is I'm not sure where the fuses are located. I'm assuming that they are in-line fuses somewhere under the cowling but can someone help me figure out where to look? It is a 1999 model year FICHT I believe.

Problem Solved

Last edited:

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 115 HP Evinrude FICHT Inline Fuse Locations

Im no expert but im working on the same problems myself right now and Ill share what ive found. theres a 20 amp fuse right beside the starter in a rubber grommet. theres also a 2 amp fuse in the relay box near the battery, it will have a plastic cover that screws down closed. I too just bought a boat and found both these fuses to be cracked. If you find any more please let me know since i too am trying to start my boat. Hope i helped, and gl

MN_PatS

Recruit

Maybe the nature of the fuse I'm looking for is different from my expectation that it would look like an in-line auto fuse. When I look near the starter motor, I see the wiring harness and connectors but I'm not seeing any fuses that I can replace. If I'm looking at the motor from inside the boat, the starter is to the right side of the engine.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

you wont be able to see the fuse, its concealed in a black rubber grommet. Look to the right side of the starter, there will be 2 black lines running to a black rubber connection, open that up and inside it will be the fuse, prob a 20 amp. the rubber grommet will probably been held secure to the motor by a metal clip or holder of some kind, gl

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Maybe the nature of the fuse I'm looking for is different from my expectation that it would look like an in-line auto fuse. .

HighTrim is mistaken as he is describing the fuse that is used in a carbureted outboard. You have a FICHT motor which is a completely different animal.

Your fuses are in the Power Distribution Panel on the starboard side of the motor. It is a black plastic cover that has two silver screws holding it on. You can use a dime to loosen the screws. There are 7 mini-blade fuses in there, all 10 amp.

MN_PatS

Recruit

Thanks, that's exactly the help I needed:)

lwpierce52

Recruit
Listen to High Trim. that's the correct location of the fuse only I had a 30 amp fuse and was told it might not be big enough. Anyway, I put another 30 amp back in and my problem was solved.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Listen to High Trim. that's the correct location of the fuse only I had a 30 amp fuse and was told it might not be big enough. Anyway, I put another 30 amp back in and my problem was solved.

I hope he hasn't been waiting 10 years for you to confirm. Ancient thread and the OP is long gone!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.