1967 Evinrude Lark VIII engine and 1967 Aerocraft Lark boat

I just bought a 1967 Aerocraft Lark with, what I believe, is the original engine, an Evinrude Lark VIII with the matching push button power shifter. The previous owner said it needed a carburetor kit and a generator. I want to buy the repair manual but don't know how many cylinders the engine has, how can I tell? The original colors the boat (Aerocraft) was manufactured with include Burgundy, Midnight Blue and Seaspray Green. Our boat is Burgundy and we would like to paint it Seaspray Green, does anyone know what color this might be? Or if it is better to keep the original burgundy it was manufactured with?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1967 Evinrude Lark VIII engine and 1967 Aerocraft Lark boat

Welcome to iboat, when posting please post engine model number, so we know exactly what you have. proper manuals for the motor are here: http://www.kencook.com/evinrudejohnsonmanuals/
you will need the model number of the plate on the transom mount.

aerocraftman

Cadet

i was wondering if you had any picures to post of you aerocraft.. i have just recently purchased a 67 aerocraft in hopes of restoring it toits origonal appereance but sadly i cannot find any picturs of one anywhere... i bought it and all it is so far is the aluminum hull... thanks

Cobynmax

Recruit

I have a 1966 Lark (I believe) and I have the book that came with it. It has sat outside for several years and hasn't been used since '87. Would you be interested in this boat, or scans of the literature? It has an evenrude on it that I believe is original and ran when it was last used.
Let me know.