2000 Johnson 90HP Blows Engine Fuse

ibuyre111

Seaman Apprentice
There is a 20 amp fuse on my engine that blows intermittenly. Some times it blows sometimes it doesn't. This fuse feeds power to my Gas guage, Tac, amp and tilt guage. It also feeds power thru my Ignition switch and controls the power engine tilt. The fuse has only blown when the engine is running. I have tried to see if it will blow with just the ignition switch turned on and it hasn't. I changed the ignition switch, so that is not the problem..

Can anyone plese help with this very fustrating problem. I was once told in this forum that it sounds like a short in my stator..does this sound right?

Thanks,
Tom

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: 2000 Johnson 90HP Blows Engine Fuse

NO. Check the red wire leading out of the fuse holder, follow the red wire thru out the engine harness, look for bare spot rubbing block.

ibuyre111

Seaman Apprentice

NO. Check the red wire leading out of the fuse holder, follow the red wire thru out the engine harness, look for bare spot rubbing block.

Thanks for the info. I will definately check it out

snorthey

Cadet

Where is the fuse? I'm having a similar problem. My '91 Johnson 115 won't roll-over. It won't do anything at this point. No trim/tilt, no buzzer, no gauges. My battery is fine, so I'm guessing a fuse. Thanks.