1996 Evinrude - Check Engine Horn goes on and off and check engine light remains on

SeaswirlGuy

Recruit
I have a 1996 175 V6 Evinrude. Just went to run it today and after about 5 mins of turning it on the engine horn goes on then goes off (less than a min) and the check engine light remains on. Anybody have any idea what might be the cause. 2 years ago I replace the power pack and fuel pump. Last year the impeller was replaced. The engine runs normally, and the water is spurting out nicely and is not hot.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

muskrat

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1996 Evinrude - Check Engine Horn goes on and off and check engine light remains

on at old carb motor the only thing that makes a check engine light is a fuel restriction.start from the fuel tank & work toward motor checking fuel system a good check is install a clear hose in system & check for air bubbles.when is the light coming on,what rpm..

SeaswirlGuy

Recruit
Re: 1996 Evinrude - Check Engine Horn goes on and off and check engine light remains

Thanks. I replaced the fuel filter and that did the trick. I also installed an inline fuel filter. I will take ure suggestion to replace the lines with clear lines.

Thanks.