92 evinrude v 6 loopcharged spitfire 60 degree

dezee

Cadet
i had to cut the driveshaft to remove power head .can i remove the drive shaft from the lower end without removing the prop shaft. heed to install new driveshaft thanks .

Mr. Sarcasm

Recruit
Re: 92 evinrude v 6 loopcharged spitfire 60 degree

to change the drive shaft you need to drop the lower unit pull the drive shaft and have some fun in there, good luck. you should have droped the lower unit it start with and you wouldnt have cut the drive shaft, invest in a manual

dezee

Cadet

the driveshaft was frozen in the crankshaft soaked for two weeks , tried wedges ,heat,ect hung moror upside down; my question was can i remove the remainder of the driveshaft from the lower end without removing prop shaft.cutting was last resort . still cant remove remaining piece from crankshaft. have to weld nut to shaft and use slide hammer

Walker

Captain

the driveshaft was frozen in the crankshaft soaked for two weeks , tried wedges ,heat,ect hung moror upside down; my question was can i remove the remainder of the driveshaft from the lower end without removing prop shaft.cutting was last resort . still cant remove remaining piece from crankshaft. have to weld nut to shaft and use slide hammer

Yes. In fact you can't pull the prop shaft out without first removing the driveshaft. Pull the bearing carrier, the first gear, and then reach in there with a 7/8" (I think) and get hold of the nut on the end of the driveshaft. A pipewrench on the driveshaft and take the nut off.

dezee

Cadet

just the opposite can i pull the drive shaft up out of the lower end after removing water pump housing and drive shaft bearing housing.or do i have to remove the prop shaft bearing housing to release it .alongwith that nut .tried to lift out wont come up

Walker

Captain

There is a nut on the bottom of the driveshaft that holds the pinion gear on the driveshaft. It has to come off so the driveshaft can be pulled out of the pinion gear.