2004 Evinrude 225hp Ficht (no oil)?

sabinki

Cadet
I own a 29 ft with twin 225 evinrudes in November I was towing a boat in trouble to the dock and was working my motors a little bit harder then normal. I ran them about 4600 rpm when the starboard motor lit no oil so I looked at it and could not find out why there was no oil getting to the motor. I brought it into an otherwise dealer and the called me with the motors are 4 days out of warranty and that I would need an new oil injector so I said go ahead an fix it $1,100.00. This was in November I have used the boat but had no need to bring my RPMs up that high. I just got back from my annual Bahamas trip and spent several hours looking at my starboard motor doing the same thing so I decided to pull open a small panel on the left side of the motor to find a slot marked spare fuse empty then pulled the top fuse to find it blown! Now I have enough hp coming out my ears to get me back to the dock to open the other motor and pull the spare fuse from it. I think I was robbed the first question is how can I find out if the injector is the original and what could be blowing the fuse? Note oil tanks are at the same level after 4 hour crossing under 4600 rpms. Of curse they said that they never changed my fuses!

sabinki

Cadet
Re: 2004 Evinrude 225hp Ficht (no oil)?

Please somone shouldof run across this befor (The #1 fuse blowing.I brought the boat back to them and they still say that they did not take my spare fuse and that they swear that the oil injector pump was replaced but don't have the old one from november.

BOOGE

Cadet

Sabinki,
Did you ever resolve the #1 injector fuse problem? I'm having the same occurence on my 2004 envinrude 200 D.I. with the #1 injector fuse blowing intermittently at high rpms. Dealer diagnosed the trip code as an injector system issue but said the only problem was corrosion in the fuse bank. Two weeks later the same fuse goes again at 4800 rpm's. Sounds like a commonality and was wondering if any other Envinrude owners have dealt with this?

spoe144

Recruit

I currently have the same problem with a single 2004 225 ficht. I have taken to multiple people in central florida to get work done and all of them want over 6 thousand to fix it. The motor starts and runs but runs like it is in limp mode with no oil alarm sounding. Does any one know of a reliable mechanic anywhere in Florida that can give me answers. I have had the same problem with the fuses and thus the problem above still continues. Thanks again for any help.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

6 Thousand!!! Those dlrs are Fu*%#$ing NUTS. Try calling BRP customer service at 1-847-689-7090 and explain your prob. There was a dlr in west central Fl called Sutherland Marine who was pretty good. See what BRP has to say.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

I currently have the same problem with a single 2004 225 ficht. I have taken to multiple people in central florida to get work done and all of them want over 6 thousand to fix it.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that you have not taken your motor to Beach Marine in Canaveral. They are the best in Central Florida.

Another suggestion is to start a new thread and not hijack a 4 year old post.

dlee6781985

Recruit

I currently have the same problem with a single 2004 225 ficht. I have taken to multiple people in central florida to get work done and all of them want over 6 thousand to fix it. The motor starts and runs but runs like it is in limp mode with no oil alarm sounding. Does any one know of a reliable mechanic anywhere in Florida that can give me answers. I have had the same problem with the fuses and thus the problem above still continues. Thanks again for any help.

I think your emm is bad.Ihad the same thing happen to my 2004 225ho try dfi tech they can help you out .40 volt source from eem is bad hopes this helps.:)

fichtin fla

Cadet

Happy Day After Christmas.

I responded to similar on an old post....years old.. so thank you for recent post. OK. my 2001 225 HP FICHT did this... Blown Fuse number one on power distribution panel, Low Oil Light and audible alarm...at idle at the dock I get: all hoses coming from the distribution manifold are pressure hard and flowing no bubbles;no leaks, and pulsed flow of oil back to the oil tank...when running diagnostic software, the Oil Injector Pump "clicks" perfectly, when I check the resistance of the Oil Injector I get 1.2 Ohms which is in specification. THe error code is the Oil Injector OPEN CIRCUIT.

I changed fuse, cleared the code, and it keeps blowing as soon as I put any RPM on the engine. The engine will run at idle with out blowing fuse and without any warning light or audible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have read about all the time money and frustration that MANY others have had with this exact problem,,, but I have not read of anyone getting this solved... thanks.

fichtin fla

Cadet

I think your emm is bad.Ihad the same thing happen to my 2004 225ho try dfi tech they can help you out .40 volt source from eem is bad hopes this helps.:)

Hi dlee,,, did you have the fuse blow as welll.. My Emm is at DFI... and I wanted to know if you can advise as to the fuse blowing.

fichtin fla

Cadet

Hi spoe... sent my emm to DFI... I have same problem with 2001 225ficht with only 277 hours on it... did you resolve your issue please....
thanks.