135 EVINRUDE IGNITION WIRING DIAGRAM

Removed the ignition switch to have a key made for it after losing the first one. Got the key and now have to re-install the ignition switch but I'm not sure of what wires to attach to what terminals on the switch. I dont know the exact year of the motor but I'm fairly certain it is from the early to mid 70's since it has the old style 5 terminal switch as opposed to the newer ones I've read about on here that have 6 terminals. On the back of the switch, the terminals are labled: B, M, S, A, M.
The color of wires are: 1 Red, 2 Black, 1 Black with a yellow stripe, 1 Tan, 1 Purple, & 1 Purple with a white stripe.
The choke is on a separate switch, which I believe is why I have the 5 terminal switch as opposed to the newer 6 terminal switch that incorporated the choke into the same switch. The purple wire with the white stripe on it is what connects the choke switch to the ignition switch. (The key had to be in the "On" position to activate the choke.)
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone out there can tell me which wires go where. Thanks.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 135 EVINRUDE IGNITION WIRING DIAGRAM

Red to B (bat)
black to one of the M (either one)
black/yellow to the other M
Tan is probably dirty white- goes to S
All Purples goes to A
Purple/white is the choke wire - should go the the choke switch
There should be a jumber from A to the choke switch to feed it.

Re: 135 EVINRUDE IGNITION WIRING DIAGRAM

Thanks for the wiring scheme. I hooked it up like that but it still doesn't work. I'm afraid I may have blown a fuse or fried the ignition switch in one of the many attempts where I had the wires in the wrong places. Is that possible? How can I find out what is wrong now?