Evinrude 1974 6 HP fuel pump rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteB_2000

Seaman Apprentice
hiya,

i was fiddling with the fuel filter/pump, when the pump sort of fell apart :% , ive put it back together but unsuprisingly it dosent work correctly, when i pump the bulb to prime engine it all works well till the fuel thats been primed runs out then the engine stops,
if i keep pumping the primer it will keep running, ive obviously put it back together wrong but the manual dosent show an exploed view if the fuel pump, does anyone have one or can someone help please

Regards
Pete

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Evinrude 1974 6 HP fuel pump rebuild

go to brp-evinrude, click parts & accessories, then engine diagrams, evinrude, year, hp, model, fuel pump. you will find a blow up there.

PeteB_2000

Seaman Apprentice

have you got an exact link please, as I dont have it in my bookmarks

Regards
Pete

PeteB_2000

Seaman Apprentice

wow this looks like the fella<:),

will print it out and give it a go.

many many thanks

Regards
Peted:)

PeteB_2000

Seaman Apprentice

yes it did work many many thanks for the link.

Pete

jkfinity

Cadet
I wish some of that info was still available - all those links are toast. Anyone have any of that info saved?

texas_salt

Seaman Apprentice
I wish some of that info was still available - all those links are toast. Anyone have any of that info saved?

I have a 69 6HP. Leeroys ramblings was the only site that helped me get my fuel pump back together. The "blow through" test was what really helps and confirms its done right.

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/

The links on the site to his articles arent working as of this posy, but I was on it just months ago so they should come back.

Last edited:

Xcusme

Commander
The mods would prefer that you don't respond to old posts (10 years !! is a bit old!) It's best to make a new post with any new info....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Not surprising links are dead after 10 years. Please start a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.