Need a fuel separator cap for a 2000 Ficht 150 HP

New guy here and sure wish I had reviewed the forum prior to purchasing a used 150 hp 2000 Evinrude Ficht. Nothing major...yet, but the performance has been incredibly less spectacular than I would expect from a 150 hp engine w/ less than 100 hours.

I'm looking for the top of a piece the dealer called a Fuel separator. It looks like slightly smaller than a pint size cylinder at the far aft of the motor, below the fuel injector box. The "lid" contains a float valve and there's a fuel pump on the side. The entire piece is labelled

Carter P61197S 439347 99M20A

All I need is the cap on the top that has two holes for bolts at the 10 and 4 o'clock positions as one of those plastic tabs cracked and won't seat properly (thus a major fuel leak and no ignition). The cap has a spring operated float inside it.

Dealer says I can get the entire part 439347 for about $350++, but all I need is the crummy cap...I don't even need the float, but I'd take it if needed.

Dealer says a 99 Ficht will have the same piece of gear. Anyone interested in selling the cap for a reasonable price, please e-mail me directly at petersen@bmh.com w/ the specs. Appreciate it.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need a fuel separator cap for a 2000 Ficht 150 HP

Hi Intruder,

Which part are you referring to? #1 I assume...

convert

Thanks Rick, Part #1 is correct, but only the "cap" which has two holes for bolts as well as a connection on the top for a fuel line, which attaches to #49 and #24. Would prefer not to have to get the whole assembly just for the cap...
Craig in Virginia Beach

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Yeah. All I see is the assembly for sale($275.00). Hopefully someone will have parts hanging around that can help. Sorry I can't help more, but at least they will know what you need.......

o/b tech

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi intruder,

Unfortunately, the assembly is sold and seviced as a complete unit. They have had trouble with the unit cracking, allowing water to mix with the fuel. don't worry though as your motor was before that production run.

Since I have had lots of experiience with the ficht platform, do a compression check of the motor, if you are concerned about there not being enough power.

Compression readings in the 90-100 psi range are normal, with slight variances.

By 2000 most of the powerhead faliures had been drasticaly reduced and the problems tended to be accessory related.

hope the motor runs good for you.

THanks for all the great advice. still looking for someone who might have a used Ficht to part out at a decent cost for a used assembly, since I only need the cap.