wiring harness

ydnar

Recruit
I have a 1959 35 hp evinrude lark. I need a complete wiring harness. The model # is 35516.I am wanting to know if any other wiring harness will work on it. As in a 1960 40 hp super seahorse?

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: wiring harness

The harness for the 1958 and 1959 Johnson RDS20 and RDS21 will fit. I believe the 1960 and 1961 harnesses also fit, but am not certain.<br /><br />These are getting hard to find, but tcoutboard.com will probably have one.

degerton

Cadet
tcoutboard does not have the wiring harness, but I was told you can make one if you have the part that plugs into the motor; splice the wires in, but do it slowly and carefully, one at a time. They have most of the other electrical parts but not the harness.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Gee, wasn't that one of the motor without a quick disconnect? If I remember correctly, there was an external box that contained the starter solenoid, some fuses and connectors for the ign key. If the motor had a generator, the box also contained a voltage regulator. If so, a wiring harness is 4 or 5 wires( ground, Power, killer, start and maybe a choke wire). Sounds like trailer wire (4 conductors) might work.