Evinrude keyswitch

pat thompson

Recruit
I am looking for a wiring diagram for a 70's model Evinrude 60 HP keyswitch. The replacement switch has the standard A, B, S, M, C, M terminals. Wires are black, black/yellow, red, purple/white, double purple, yellow.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude keyswitch

Hi Pat and welcome to iboats!<br /><br />The black wire will go to one of the "M"'s.<br /><br />The black/yellow stripe wire will go to the other "M". One of the "M" terminals is an "upright" terminal...or should be...this is where the Black/yellow usually goes. If all the terminals are the same, it doesn't make any difference what "M" terminals are used.<br /><br />Purple/white stripe wire goes to the "C"...choke.<br /><br />Yellow wire will go to the "S"...start.<br /><br />Red wire goes to the "B"...battery.<br /><br />Double purple goes to the "A"...accessory.<br /><br />Hope this helps.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

kencook.com they are pricey, but worth it.

new salt

Recruit

How do i get to key switch to replace it.to a 73' 85 hp evinrude

blk98gt

Seaman

Below for a 3 cyl 1970 evinrude 60hp. PM me with e-mail address if you need a better resolution copy.

60hp1970Evinrude.jpg

blk98gt

Seaman

Damn. Didn't notice this thread is from 2006 and someone brought it back.

keith1971

Recruit

Hi Pat and welcome to iboats!

have a 1979 evinrude 25hp ,is it the same wireing diagram as a 35hp ,I wired mine up wrong ,its suppose to click{the elecchoke} and it don't, it does run ,only with me keepn choke open, also the fuel line at the motor and tank fittings are lil sloppy ,they leak fuel when I sqeeze primer bulb, the carbs been rebuilt, plugs cleaned good non ethanol gas someone help

WIMUSKY

Staff member

keith1971, please start your own thread, this one is over 6 years old........