1965 EVINRUDE BIG TWIN CRANKSHAFT?

DARKCLOWN

Seaman
I HAVE A 65 EVINRUDE BIG TWIN 40HP<br /> THAT WAS ONCE RUNNING SAYS THE GUY THAT GAVE IT TO ME BUT WASNT RUNNING THAT GOOD SO HE TOOK OFF THE FLYWHEEL AND OTHER STUFF BUT WHEN HE GOT TO THE CRANKSHAFT IT WIGGLES A LITTLE BIT AND HE STOPED WORKING ON IT BECUSE OF THIS AND GAVE IT TO ME THIS IS MY FIRST BOAT AND I WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS A MAJOR PROB? :confused:

rwise

Captain
Re: 1965 EVINRUDE BIG TWIN CRANKSHAFT?

welcome to iboats, hit the caps lock so people don't think you are yelling at them!

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Sounds like the upper main bearing might be bad or spun. If you're lucky, the bearing is bad and didn't take the crankshaft with it. If it's spun out, then it may have taken the crankcase with it. Won't know until you tear into it...<br /><br />Invest in a good manual, read it, and then start wrenching. We'll be here when you hit the bumps in the road (or would that be waves in the canal?)<br /><br />- Scott

DARKCLOWN

Seaman

Originally posted by Chinewalker:<br /> Sounds like the upper main bearing might be bad or spun. If you're lucky, the bearing is bad and didn't take the crankshaft with it. If it's spun out, then it may have taken the crankcase with it. Won't know until you tear into it...<br /><br />Invest in a good manual, read it, and then start wrenching. We'll be here when you hit the bumps in the road (or would that be waves in the canal?)<br /><br />- Scott
thanks scott :)