2003 Johnson 115 4stroke No Power at Controls

mwellze

Recruit
Help! What would cause me to lose power at the Throttle Controls? Trim does not work, Turning key does nothing, gauges all out. Boat was running fine, then just shut off. Everything else on the boat works fine. Radio, lights, horn..etc. The trim switch on the motor works fine as well. Power came back briefly and I restarted the motor fine. It died again as soon as I gave it some throttle. I have checked for fuses but only found the 2 60ams on the motor itself. Battery was just replaced with Optima Yellow Top, Automatic charger was on the boat day before I took it to the lake if that makes any difference.<br /><br />Thanks in advance!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2003 Johnson 115 4stroke No Power at Controls

Welcome mwellze!<br /><br />I really don't have any experience with the 115 4strokes but just looking at the parts breakdown, there is a 30 amp fuse back there on the engine. With out a wiring diagram can't say for sure if that's in the feed to the ignition switch or not.<br /><br />If anything, this will get the post back up top. Maybe one of the other guys can jump in and give you some clues.

JRJ

Commander

Sounds like a loose wire. Wish I knew where. A Suzuki Service Manual for the DF115 has lots of info. I bought mine at brownspoint.com<br />Good luck.

mwellze

Recruit

Found the Problem. Had one corroded pin on a connector under the motor. Happened to be the white wire that powers the controls. Checked it 3 times before I noticed the entire pin was missing! Thanks!

cjgordon

Recruit

Found the Problem. Had one corroded pin on a connector under the motor. Happened to be the white wire that powers the controls. Checked it 3 times before I noticed the entire pin was missing! Thanks!

Do you happen to have a picture of this connector? Having same issue. Thanks!

boobie

Supreme Mariner

This post is 7 yrs old!! READ the rules at the top of of the forum and Please post a new one. Thank You.