69 Evinrude 9.5 sport twin fuel pump

tkcenterline

Cadet
I have a great good running motor with all of the original parts on it. It was my Dad's motor. I still use it to this day and ever had a problem with it. The Fuel pumb OMC (#0382224) went out. I wanted to keep all the original parts on it. So instead of buying a new pump, I bought the rebuild kit. It came with all of the gaskets, spring and menbraines. However no instructions. Looked simple to fix. I took the fuel pump off of the motor which was very easy, by loosening just two screws. Then, I went on to take apart the sandwitched fuel pump parts and place them in order on my work table. However, while I was carefully laying it out, I hit the table and as you can guess, all the parts got mixed up. Nothing was lost, other then my memory, cus I am old now. So please help. Does anyone know the order of how to put this simple pump back together again. This pump seems to be a standard fuel pump for all smaller Evinrude/Johnson motors. If you had some kind of diagram or know where I could get one on the net It would help!! Thank you.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: 69 Evinrude 9.5 sport twin fuel pump

You might get clues as to how it came apart by looking at the little lines in the old gaskets to match them up to the surfaces they were mated to. Best thing to do is go get yourself a new pump. I tried a few of those kits and a watchmaker would cuss at them. The new one may have the outlet in a different place, so you may need a bit more hose.

todd57

Petty Officer 3rd Class

levi_tsk

Ensign

AND id like to add this if you buy a BRP kit part number 393088 youll get the instructions with the kit

sierra, mallory nor anyone else include the instructions and this pump can be a pain in the butt to rebuild (ask me how i know?)

kbait

Commander

I call timsoutboard.com and buy good, used pumps. Less than half the cost of new, and never failed yet. I tried rebuilding one ONCE.. $25 is a bargain to avoid that!

Whodat?

Recruit

I call timsoutboard.com and buy good, used pumps. Less than half the cost of new, and never failed yet. I tried rebuilding one ONCE.. $25 is a bargain to avoid that!

Sweet. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. Thank You!

JDusza

Ensign

Digital camera for Christmas!