where find 1984 johnson wiring harness?

dpdiver

Cadet
Have 1984 johnson 140 seadrive.Am looking for A complete wiring harness.boat cuts out intermitently.wiggle wires in certain spot and then it starts.have looked at night but cant see any arcs(sparks).Anyone have any idea where I can locate complete wiring harness?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: where find 1984 johnson wiring harness?

Rapair makes an aftermarket harness dp. Check the link below:<br /><br /> http://rapair.com/support/Default.aspx?tabid=97 <br /><br />What part of the harness do you wiggle....?<br /><br />EDIT: After reading MCM's reply...I should have mentioned this is the engine harness and not the one that goes from the engine to the control box.

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Maxrules.com also carries the harness but its the one that goes from the motor to the remote.

dpdiver

Cadet

I wiggle just behind the red coupler, not near any components. the coupler is well atached, I gave it A pretty good pull and it didnt come apart.repaired wires that run under the cylenders.they got chafed by the hose clamps on the cross flow thermastat hoses.Im thinking there is A break somewhere midstream in one of those wires.Let me tell the symptoms.Im crusing along usally at planeing speed and I can feel the motor losing and gaining just A little power(50-100rpm).And usally when it does that it cuts out like someone hit A switch.Then I try to re-start..nothing ...no starter, no clik no nothing.So I go and remove the cowling and "wiggle" the wires behind the red coupler and it runs.Have had motor running fine and wiggle wires and it shuts down.so pretty sure where problem lies. THANKS OBJ for the link,have spent months looking for harness.will have to get numbers off motor to inquire about exact harness.

Iceking

Seaman

dpdriver,<br /><br />try the below website for outboard parts.<br /><br />ishopmarine.com

Iceking

Seaman

dpdriver,<br /><br />try the below website for outboard parts.<br /><br />ishopmarine.com