1966 40hp Evinrude Paint color ? Decals ?

xxxxxx

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I've gone on line and OMC Paints list a light blue....not sure if that's the color or the right paint. Like to find a color chart on engine paints a place to buy it ( I live near St. Louis Missouri )<br />The engine is a light blue color and might have little green cast to it.The primer is still on and in most areas is all there is.Will not need to prime.It's a twin model # is 40652B<br /><br />Who has the best price on decals for this engine and where to buy.Best way to remove old ones as going to paint cover.<br /><br />A big thank you for taking time to reply.<br />Michael

rdh2059

Seaman
Re: 1966 40hp Evinrude Paint color ? Decals ?

Regarding the decals, consider yourself lucky if you can find them at all, regardless of the price! I found one of the decals for my 69, but the glue was dried up and the decal slightly dented (metal decal). <br /><br />Regarding paint, Google these guys:<br />Antique and Classic Outboard Motor Paint<br /> <br /><br />Rick

Paul Moir

Admiral

I just sand the decals off. I like to do a lot of prep work with the fiberglass hoods such as glaze filler for scratches, then some high build primer and wet sand. By the time that's all done the decals are long gone.<br /><br />nymarine.ca (Antique and Classic Outboard Motor Paint) has a colour chart. If they don't have the decals you want too, try out americanoutboard.com.<br /><br />PS - do not take the metal band off unless you really have to. They're impossible to strech back on right without the proper tool.

xxxxxx

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Guys<br />I went to those sites did not find a color chart or my decals<br />The ones one cover are not to bad a little faded. Maybe can mask around them and paint cover ,than clear coat them. what you think on that idea and if you could give me a direct link to the paint The color is Polychromtic Blue... I think need to see a color chip<br /><br />Thank You: Michael ...Guys lf you go to this link in Yahoo The boat I'm working on is there My handle is (ifishinwater ) starcraft_boats · Starcraft Boat Owners Group