tilt trim seal replacement

molch

Cadet
Hi everyone.<br /><br />the tilt and trim cylinders are all leaking on my 1980 115hp. i wanted to know if anyone knew the part number required and also had any helpful hints. the part number for the end cap is 320788.<br /><br />I bought a manual but it says if the hydrolics have a problem take it to your mechanic. Clymer Evinrude/Johnson outboard shop manual.Covering 50-235HP 1973-1987.<br /><br /><br />any help would be great.<br /><br />cheers<br /><br />ethan

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: tilt trim seal replacement

There is a tilt cylinder oring package availabe (PN 387586) and orings for the trim cylinders are also available. Visit the BRP site and click on engine diagrams and you can get the part numbers....link below.<br /><br /> http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/ <br /><br />Now...helpful tips....get an OEM manual is the best tip I can give you.... :). Ken Cook co., outboardwizard and marine.com all sell reprints of the original service manuals...just google up the sites.<br /><br />The heads on the cylinders screw off and can be a little tough to get off with out a spanner wrench. Also, some very thin shim stock will be need for reassemble. The shim stock is used to protect the new orings when putting the piston and rod back in the cylinder.<br /><br />Hope the above helps.