Late 1950's Evinrude 7.5 Fastwin Identification

t_reedj

Recruit
I am having trouble finding out any information about a very nice evinrude fastwin 7.5hp that I recently purchased on Ebay. The engine has a tag on it that is in perfect condition, so I don't think that I misread it. The model #669002A with a serial number of 65X607872. <br /><br />I would really like to find out some information on this engine so I can trouble shoot a problem that I am having with fuel delivery. It could be a problem with the original fuel tank that came with it also. I will be asking you guys some more questions after I find out the id of the engine.

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Late 1950's Evinrude 7.5 Fastwin Identification

Welcome to the forum,<br /><br />I can't locate anything that matches those numbers.<br /><br />Are these from a tag on the transom mount bracket?<br /><br />Mike :)

Paul Moir

Admiral

This took a little head-scratching:<br /><br />Could it be a GG9002A? That would be the model number for a '56 Gale built 5hp. The serial number is consistant with a Gale. Is it possible the engine is not a Fastwin, or that it's got a Gale part on it (with the ID plate). Check for a convex silver plug in the block near the spark plugs with numbers stamped into it. Anything there?<br />Easy enough to tell if it's a 5hp or a 7.5hp. If it's a 5hp the carb will be bolted to the side of the engine. If it's a 7.5hp, it's bolted to the front.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

I agree - starting to sound like a cobble-job motor. If it's a 7.5hp Evinrude, it would be a "Fleetwin". A "Fastwin" would be 14-18hp. Gale clamps of similar models might fit either, which would explain the oddball model number/model name pairing...<br /><br />- Scott