1993 Johnson Sailmaster 9.9hp Battery Cables

eula30

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi, I have a 1993 Electric Start Johnson Sail Master 9.9Hp. Model: J10SELETM, Any Idea where the Battery cables go to? I can see the red wire connected to the starter and to the rectifier, I also see the black Ground wire, I can see all 3 wires until they get to under the carburetor there, it looks like they go thru a hole and wala they disappear and there is no wire to connect them to a battery? Is there any special plug on this motor? Please help I’m getting crazy with these wires. <br />Thank you

eula30

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1993 Johnson Sailmaster 9.9hp Battery Cables

any ideas please?<br />Thank you

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

The ground end of the cable goes to ground, usually right up front, and the positive side of the cable goes to one side of the starter solenoid.

eula30

Petty Officer 1st Class

OBJ, Thanks for the quick reaply, On this motor The cables are already there, one (Red)is on the starter and one on the ground(Black), But there is no cable coming out of the motor to connected to a battery. Does this model require a special plug for the battery cables or should I just plice the two wire and make the wire my self? I also didn't see a push bottom start system on the motor, I work on 1970's to 1980's where you see the push boton on the from left side of the motor, this system is totaly different? and it is make me crazy. <br />Thank you

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like you are missing the battery cable eula. On these models, the battery cable connects back at the electrical bracket on the port side of the engine. If you don't see the twin wire coming out of the engine with battery terminals on them, then the cable ain't there.

eula30

Petty Officer 1st Class

OBJ, Many Thanks for you help, I found the push button, it is located under the shift stick, also here is a picture of what I have, Where do I connect the red and the black wire so the motor will start with the push button.<br />Thank you<br /><br /><br /><center><br />
Image359.jpg
<br /><br /><br /></center>

eula30

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got it!!!!!!!!!<br />Thank you

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Outstanding eula! Just got home and am catching up. Enjoy!

Vic.S

Rear Admiral

The three yellow wires are the AC input to the rectifier. The red wire is the DC+ve output, the negative is grounded.<br /><br />The battery cable is supplied as a separate part no.0585069.<br /><br />See the Bombardier-Evinrude website Once you have found your motor look in the ignition parts section.