ETEC Overheating Problem

GabrialKhan

Banned
Hello everyone,,
I've posted here before regarding this but after running the boat for two months, have a more detailed account as to what is going. So here's the situation

I have a 2010 Evinrude ETC 115 hp. I currently use the boat in saltwater. The engine will run fine on flat water (rivers etc), but as soon as the water becomes rough (going into the harbor) it will overheat. The engine is not hot to the touch. Once it overheats it throws itself into basically neutral. I've watched motor and I believe it has to do with water flow within the motor. Basically it's unable to stabilize water flow in rougher waters.

We are on the waiting list at the marina to get a new water pump and impeller. I'm wondering if that is the problem? Regardless that will need to be serviced at the end of season.

Any advice would be great. We've only owned the boat two months and this overheating has been happening since owning it. We want to fix it so we can sell it and get something bigger b/c we've realize this just isn't the boat for us.

roffey

Commander
Water pump would be my first guess, if I were a betting man I would bet money on it, lol. The impeller should be changed every 4 or 5 years, some even change them every year. The impeller can be a DIY job in your driveway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TRQkHd465E

Last edited:

GabrialKhan

Banned
Hello everyone,,
I've posted here before regarding this but after running the boat for two months, have a more detailed account as to what is going. So here's the situation

I have a 2010 Evinrude ETC 115 hp. I currently use the boat in saltwater. The engine will run fine on flat water (rivers etc), but as soon as the water becomes rough (going into the harbor) it will overheat. The engine is not hot to the touch. Once it overheats it throws openweb.onl/whatsapp-web/ modplus.pro/whatsapp-plus/ itself into basically neutral. I've watched motor and I believe it has to do with water flow within the motor. Basically it's unable to stabilize water flow in rougher waters.

We are on the waiting list at the marina to get a new water pump and impeller. I'm wondering if that is the problem? Regardless that will need to be serviced at the end of season.

Any advice would be great. We've only owned the boat two months and this overheating has been happening since owning it. We want to fix it so we can sell it and get something bigger b/c we've realize this just isn't the boat for us.

Thank you i got my issue solved,...