Fuel mixture for 15 hp Evinrude

Luvs2fish

Cadet
I have a 15 Hp Evinrude, Can someone tell me the fuel mixture ratio and possibly the year of this engine? Thanks in advance! Frank<br />you can email the answer to frank.douglass@travis.af.mil <br /><br />Model # 15904E<br /><br />Serial # E0006066

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Fuel mixture for 15 hp Evinrude

Frank, Welcome to iboats! :) <br />Looks like you have a 1979 15hp 'Rude...same as mine. Your fuel mix is 50:1<br /><br />BTW: Not a good idea to post your email addy in an open forum, bots pick up your email address and you're swamped with BS mails....

Luvs2fish

Cadet

Thank you very much Xcusme, I appreciate the help! I'll remember to not put my email next time. Ok, Have a great day.<br /><br />p.s how has your engine run for you? and Are you in the military?

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Frank,<br /><br />I bet Xcuseme agrees - these little motors are bulletproof as long as basic maintenance is carried out.<br /><br />I've had a'79 for years and it just WOTS and WOTS!

Xcusme

Commander

My 15 looks like the day I un-crated it. I've replaced water pump impellers over the years and one fuel pump. Besides normal maintenance (carb cleaning, lower unit lube changes etc.) it's been very dependable. This motor will out live me for sure. Nope, not in the military.

Luvs2fish

Cadet

Hey GUys, Thanks for the replys and the good info, I hope mine will last me that long too! So, can you tell me the basics I need to do to keep this motor running smooth? This is my first boat, so I want to make it last as long as possible! Do i need an owners manual, if so where do I get one? Thanks for the help! <br />Frank

Luvs2fish

Cadet

Hey Excusme, can you help me with one more thing??? My buddy has a 10 hp Evinrude and wants to know the year and gas mixture. He gave me the serial # 10302D-E11726 It is a "SPORTWINS" does this looks familiar? how about you stillfishing? Or can you guys show me where to find the info myself? Thanks for your help!!!!

tommr

Seaman

If he had the model number you could go to the Evinrude web site and find it through the engine parts look up or if you call them they can tell you. They may be able to give you the info from <br />the serial number.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

10302 comes up as a 1963 model.<br /><br />Info from ken cook manuals

angus63

Captain

By the way, his 1963 runs 24:1 fuel/oil mix and your 1979 runs 50:1 fuel/oil mix.