Evinrude 48 Special power/ tilt problem

Taylor/man

Recruit
I have just purchased 48 Special Evenrude outboard from a friend..Model # E48ESLESA..('90 or '91)... the tilt/trim leaks down once the boat trims out...This problem did occur until my friend change the fluid in the unit...can anyone tell my how to bleed the system..I noticed two screws on the unit...one above the other..could this be the bleed for the retracted and extended positions? Also, what kind of fluid should I use? My Evinrude dealer is dragging his feet getting me a repair manual...this forum was very helpful in getting my steering unlocked...thanx

papakevin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Evinrude 48 Special power/ tilt problem

Taylor/man - <br /><br />I have a 48 SPL as well. What made these motors "special" is that they have no extras at all - including power tilt and trim. If you motor has this on it, it is either an aftermarket add-on or a tilt/trim taken from another Evinrude unit. If you can, take a few digital photos, post them on the web somewhere, and paste a link here. This will help get you an answer. Good luck.

Taylor/man

Recruit

MUCH THANKS KEVIN FOR AN "INTELLENT" RESPONSE... I had no idea having not owned a boat/motor since 1975...I will do as you suggested...I will do further investigating... Maybe my friend can enlightening on this added feature since he did buy this outfit new....thanx again...

Taylor/man

Recruit

sorry about the misspell on "intelligent"...no disrespect intended...thanx for any help I can get....