1998 115 (E115SLECM) Tilt Motor Change

c6mcfall

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Followed the above.. ran it with Just as instructed
- No Oil alarm went off after several minutes
- reconnect oil line, took a few minutes but it self cleared (didn?t pump primer ball)

So what?s next? Oil consumption test or?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I would suggest you Mark oil level on tank and go boating still using premix. Once oil level drops an inch or so with no other issues you are good to go. This technically is not necessary but is good practice and what I have all boats do.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
What jakedaawg said. The time to do the oil test was when the oil line was off. Make sure you use good clamps on all the lines.

c6mcfall

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I went back and did the oil consuption test as outlined in the service manual. Checked out fine, went though the self priming procedure again and to be safe added oil to the existing fuel in the tank. Will leave VRO connected run and monitor oil consumption.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

c6mcfall

Petty Officer 3rd Class
One more update....

So I got to the dock, got boat in the water started right up and I proceed to head out. Got maybe 100' from the dock and right back to where I started - motor shut off. So on the external tank no issues, connect to the inboard tank won't run. Spin off the water/fuel separator, crap load of water and not so much gas. The filter's only 3-5 months old and fuel not even that old. Was put in just before the hurricanes, So got it cleared out (mostly i think) and seems to be running ok. I still think i might have an air leak on the OMS side as the no-oil alarm went off again briefly.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Continue double oil. 50 to one in the tank...while you trouble shoot your vro.

If in salt I would check all amphenol connections and wire connections for green death....

Might try using a mild degreaser maybe dawn and water to clean and dry around all oil joints....then run and look for leakijng...