2004 90HP Etec

So just got some bad news that my motor died on me. Scored cylinders 1-3 all compression test low. Was just wanting to figure out conservatively what I could sell it for for someone to rebuild or part out. Thanks for any info.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
What area of country are you in? I think value would be different from area to area. We have a guy around here that goes around a four state area and buys scrap motors. He then reconditions and sells the lowers. He doesn't pay much I would guess. Maybe 100 or two.

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
me... I would peek inside the cyl with a camera probe... pull the head check things out.... get a second opinion .... etc... before chucking a great motor

​and do go check things out on the ETEC owners site ... maybe parting it out yourself will bring more money than giving it to an aengine scavenger

http://www.etecownersgroup.com/?forum=115573

What area of country are you in? I think value would be different from area to area. We have a guy around here that goes around a four state area and buys scrap motors. He then reconditions and sells the lowers. He doesn't pay much I would guess. Maybe 100 or two.

Seattle Area

racerone

Supreme Mariner
These new motors are not popular for the typical small rebuild shop.----Too many sensors / electrical gadgets / computor that must be checked after the mechanical work is done.----Parting it out is likely the best way to get maximum dollars for it.

daselbee

Commander
Emm AND injector set together is worth 1000.00 easy.
A few years ago, I scoured the country for an EMM for that exact motor....never found one.
I wish you had been around then....

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Don't pull it apart without labeling which injector went to which cylinder