I built a kill switch from my remote control - Johnson 90 hp 2 stroke

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
As he said, it makes no difference why it died and won't start, you won't have harmed the solenoid or the starter.

Also, while you could possibly destroy thre power pack, it won't stop the motor from turning over.

ib18

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Happy to report that nothing was broken. Johnson 90 hp turned over today after I tightened the negative solenoid connector - LOL. The LOUD roaring motor sound was a music to my ears and my neighbors - LOL. I was able to use my new DIY kill switch to shut off the engine consistently - will upload video tomorrow. I did connect the negative of my kill switch to a metal post inside the remote control instead of outside.

I am going to TIGHT fit a cap over the toggle handle with the lanyard loop under the cap so that when the lanyard is pulled the toggle switch bar will be pulled downward to shut off the engine.

If I can not find a cap to pull down my toggle switch handle bar, then I will spend $3 to buy the Cheap Chinese safety kill switch instead of $30+ OEM parts. Thanks to heypawpaw for the idea.

I will save the toggle switch for my next project - Arduino throttle control for my kicker motor (8 hp 4 stroke).

Thanks to all your expert advice, and I could not have done it without your help.

Attachments

• photo279483.jpg
    photo279483.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 0